Thursday, March 20, 2008

Flower Power


Here are a few of the silk flower configurations Jasna and I came up with one of the evenings she came to help. I think Paul and I have cleaned out every single square/rectagular shaped glass vase at Target, Wal-Mart, Michaels and Hobby Lobby, Trees and Trends, and Old Time Pottery. One day after work I'll make up the arrangements and tie them up together so they'll be ready to pull out and stick in the various sized vases. I pondered and pondered what I could use in the vases - where water normally goes - then a few weeks back - Eureka! The orange stuff the flowers are in are actually a certain type of orange split pea (Masoor Dal - or red split lentil) that we found at our local Indian grocery store. The color is great and because the peas are 1/2 the size of the regular green split pea - they pack tighter - holding the wired stems securely.


1 comment:

Anne said...

The orange split peas are very dramatic as a base for the flowers. I especially like the multi-colored arrangement in the tall vase. Very cool indeed!