Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Little Ink Goes a Long Way


Paul and I were busy printing and setting type this weekend. The invitations are coming along nicely. Colonial Graphics (offset) printed the interior of the envelopes and the back of the cards that will become the invite and itinerary. Paul and I printed my flower pattern design on the front Friday evening and Saturday, so they'd have a day of dry-time. (I drew the above artwork in Illustrator and sent the file Owosso who made a copper die out of it.) Tomorrow I'll bring everything back to Colonial to have the envelopes die-cut and the cards cut apart. (Preston is just a 10x15 - and the envelopes are larger than that.) Then on Monday or Tuesday evening we'll print up the text for everything. Wednesday - Thursday - Friday will be stuffing and addressing.


We made these great labels too. I randomly stamped the flower pattern over sticky label sheets and then we used a little rounded-corner square die-cut that I'd gotten for free from a letterpresser in Canada for just postage! The whole process took a bit of time - especially since it was a 1-up die-cut - but the labels turned out SO fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We received our invite yesterday 4-2-08 Pretty cool invite. See you soon, Glenn & Karen