Thursday, February 28, 2008

Details, Details, DIY

With a graphic designer its all in the details.


There will 120 of these hanging from the ceiling of the Lowe Mill at our party. Last night was spent on the living room floor. Paul and I separated tissue paper into smaller stacks of 8 sheets while Jasna began accordion folding, wiring and trimming. Once Paul and I finished, I joined in on the accordion folding too. We'll leave them flat until the big decorating day of the party. So far we've got about 25 completed. Tonight will be another evening of accordion folding.


As much as I detest any fake vegetation - being the daughter of a nursery-man and all - we're going with silk flowers. With the kinds of flowers I wanted to use - short-lived live flowers would probably have cost more than the food, the hall rental and the photographer combined! So I settled on silk. #1. being cost effective, but #2. I can arrange the flowers myself which is kinda cool and then #3. I can give away some of them to friends/family that like them!

No comments: